So I was checking out one of my favorite blogs, Profession for Peace and I saw this cool, 70s psychedelic hippie looking logo that says “Bloggers for Peace” and I was like I am totally about that so let me click on it and I discovered this really cool website that has a really dope idea. (By the way, I know the previous sentence is such a run-on. Writers, please forgive me. ) Learn more about this wonderful endeavor from their flyer below:
The steps are simple. All you have to do is the following:
- Devote at least one post a month to/for/about peace. If you write poems or fiction, write a piece about peace. If you take photos, post a photo or gallery that reflects, symbolizes, defines, or creates peace. If you write rants, rant at something that disturbs the peace or rant about something that promotes peace. If you are into zen, post a blank white page. If you are an artist…you get the idea. Feel free to be creative. Peace has no boundaries. There are no mistakes. We have no enemies.
- Put a “Bloggers for Peace” badge on your blog (see below). Put it anywhere on your blog; in the post, on your “about” page, as an image widget on your menu bar, on your “awards” page, on your avatar page, or as a tattoo! j/k
- Link your post to at least one other post from a different Blogger for Peace.Hopefully, this will create a symbiotic synergy that will inspire others to create art/poetry/prose/photos/love on their posts about peace. You might also want to add the tag “B4Peace” to your post. This will also be a great way to get to know other Bloggers for Peace. I envision a virtual circle of us all holding hands in solidarity for peace.
- Put instructions on your post for others to join the group or link back to this post. This will help grow the movement. Can you imagine if we get enough bloggers to join so we can have a post on peace everyday? Imagine the impact we could make if everyday the internet would have some new creativity/energy/emotion/positive vibration about peace. Imagine if we linked all these posts together to create a web of peace and positive energy. “You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one…”
- Even when you don’t make a post, please re-blog or use the social media shares of other “peace posts”.
If you wish to learn more about Bloggers for Peace or even better, wish to join the movement, please visit their site HERE. By the way I am repping this on the right side of this website. You can click on the badge at any time to join as well!